We seek undervalued, out-of-favor, mis-managed, and other opportunistic investments. We generally invest in partnership with major real estate equity funds, under a format in which we act as the operating partner and the fund acts as a passive investor.
Since establishing the firm in 2005, Hamilton and its affiliates have acquired over $500 million of commercial real estate with our investment partners. Some of our transactions include:
- A $27 million note secured by a 424 unit apartment complex in Chicago
- 168 REO units in a 240-unit fractured condominium project on the South Side of Chicago
- A portfolio of 195 commercial mortgages located in 20 states with a total balance of $350,000,000.
- A portfolio of three hotels in San Francisco, San Diego and Orlando, $150,000,000
- A portfolio of six garden-style multifamily communities in Ohio, acquired through a series of crowdfunding JVs with accredited investors
We are continuously seeking new opportunities to purchase value-add, distressed and off-market properties across all asset classes.
Integrated Property Management
In 2016, Hamilton acquired Horizons Asset Management, one of Ohio’s leading property management firms.
By having a property management subsidiary, Hamilton’s asset managers are able to work seamlessly with a team of talented individuals who interact directly with our tenants. In fact, rarely a day goes by that Hamilton’s principals don’t speak directly with Horizons’ property managers and regional managers overseeing our properties.
This fully-integrated business model enables Hamilton to have granular and real-time insights into Hamilton’s business performance, to provide superior oversight for our investors.